The Cunning Fox and the Clever Stork
The Cunning Fox and the Clever Stork
Once upon a time, there lived a very cunning fox who always wanted to cheat and deceive others with its awful and stupid acts. The fox used to deceive others with its sneaky mind. He used to speak to other animals sweetly to make him trustworthy.
One day he tried to cheat and have fun with a stork. He befriended the stork and gained the trust.
The fox acted like a very good friend and cared a lot for the stork. One day, he invited the stork to have a feast with him and he wanted to treat his friend with delicious food. The happy stork accepted the invitation.
The fox promised to offer rich and tasty food for the stork. Considering the delicious dinner proposed by the fox, the stork remained hungry for the whole day.
Fox took the stork to his home. He apologized to the stork that he could not make anything due to his illness and offered some soup. The stork although disappointed, cared for the fox and was happy with the soup.
The cunning fox offered the soup in a shallow bowl. The stork was stunned to have the soup in the shallow bowl! The long bill of the stork prevented it to take the soup. As the fox easily licked the soup from the plate, the stork wasn’t able to even taste a bit of the soup. It just touched the soup with the tip of its bill.
The Fox asked the stork, ‘How is the soup? Don’t you like it?’
The Hungry stork replied, ‘Oh it is good, but I have stomach upset and I can’t take anymore soup!’
'I’m sorry for troubling you', said the fox.
The stork replied, ‘Oh dear, please don’t say sorry. I have some health problem and cannot enjoy what you offer. Please take care of your health.’
She left the place thanking the fox!
However, the stork understood that it was cheated by the fox and decided to teach him a lesson. After a few days, the fox met the stork again and decided to play another prank on the stork. This time it was the stork’s turn. The stork welcomed the fox happily and invited to pay a return visit to have a dinner.
The fox was happy and they decided on a date to have the dinner. The Stork asked the fox’s favourite food and offered to cook the same for the dinner.
The day arrived and the fox reached the stork’s place. The stork served soup to the fox and asked him to have soup first.
The soup was served in a narrow jar with a long-neck. The stork was able to drink the soup very easily with its long bill, however the fox couldn’t.
The stork asked the fox to enjoy the soup. And showed several delicious dishes in long-necked jars. The disappointed fox said, ‘My stomach is very painful. I’m leaving now’ and left the place running. From http://www.kidsworldfun.com.
Road rules for bike safety
If you're allowed to ride on the street, follow these road rules:
• Always ride with your hands on the handlebars.
• Always stop and check for traffic in both directions when leaving your driveway, an alley, or a curb.
• Cross at intersections. When you pull out between parked cars, drivers can't see you coming.
• Walk your bike across busy intersections using the crosswalk and following traffic signals.
• Ride on the right-hand side of the street, so you travel in the same direction as cars do. Never ride against traffic.
• Don't ride too close to parked cars. Doors can open suddenly.
• Stop at all stop signs and obey traffic (red) lights just as cars do.
• Ride single-file on the street with friends.
• When passing other bikers or people on the street, always pass to their left side, and call out "On your left!" so they know that you are coming. Fromwww.kidshealth.org.
1. What has three letters, becomes stronger when one letter is removed and becomes ten when two letters are removed?
2. What has ears but cannot hear?
3. What becomes bigger the more it is taken?
4. I am active, people feel my impact but cannot see me, who am I?
5. I am an object with two legs, I make people to go places, what am I?
1. Fox 2. Corn 3. Hole 4. Air 5. Motorcycle
1. Dairy products are generally made from what common liquid?
2. The solid state of water is known as what?
3. Water is made up of what two elements?
4. What is the name of the part of the human skeleton which protects our brain?
5. The fear of what animal is known as ‘arachnophobia’?
1. Milk 2. Ice 3. Hydrogen and oxygen 4. Skull 5. Spiders
Did you know?
· Did you know all pilots on international flights identify themselves in English regardless of their country of origin?
· Did you know there are only 4 words in the English language which end in 'dous' (they are: hazardous, horrendous, stupendous and tremendous)
· Did you know 'dreamt' is the only word that ends in mt?
Kid of the week
Name: Emmanuel Tochukwu Ohakwe
Age: 6 years old
School: Grandville Academy, Life camp, Abuja
Ambition: To be a medical doctor
© 2015 The Abuja Inquirer | Newspaper. Designed by G E Springfield