Written by Godfrey AKON

Why we postponed common entrance into FGCs- NECO

The National Examinations Council, NECO, has said it postponed the 2019 National Common Entrance Examination into unity schools to give states with low registration of candidates the opportunity to register for the examination.

In a statement by its Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Mr. Azeez Sani, the examination which was initially scheduled for 13th April, will now hold on the 27th April, 2019.

Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, in a weekly briefing in Abuja, told journalists that the postponement become necessary due to request from over seven states of the Federation who have asked for an extension of time to enable them to enroll more candidates.

“It is on record that some of the states have less than 200 applicants who have enrolled for the examination. Such states may not be able to fill their quota if they are not given the opportunity to enrol more candidates,” Adamu said.

Meanwhile, NECO has disclosed that a total of 70,720 candidates have so far registered for the examination.

The examination body further advised candidates who registered for the examination to download the new examination time-table from the Council’s website.

Search

Latest posts

PhotoISSUP to introduce addiction prevention, treatment, policy in higher institutions

The Nigeria Society of Substance Use Prevention and Treatment Professionals, of the International Society, Substance Use Professionals, ISSUP, has [...]

21 October 2019

PhotoNigeria/Russia Relations: The Missing Link

On November 15, 1884, 14 mainly European countries gathered in Berlin for a meeting which lasted to February 26, 1885. The aim of that conference w [...]

20 October 2019