SHORT STORIES Truth and Lie
Truth and Lie met one day. The Lie said to the Truth "It's a marvellous day today.” The Truth looked up the skies to be sure and sighed, for the day was really beautiful.
They spent a lot of time together and ultimately arrived beside a well. The Lie said to the Truth "The water is very nice, let's take a bath together." The Truth, once again suspicious, tested the water and discovered that it indeed was very nice. They undressed and started bathing.
Suddenly, the Lie came out of the water, put on the clothes of the Truth and ran away. The Truth was furious. She hurriedly came out of the well and ran everywhere to find the Lie and get her clothes back. Upon seeing the Truth naked, the World turned its gaze away with contempt and rage.
The poor Truth returned to the well and disappeared forever, hiding therein its shame. Since then, the Lie travels around the world, dressed as the Truth, satisfying the needs of society, because, the World, in any case, harbours no wish at all to meet the naked Truth.
A Merchant and his Donkey
One beautiful spring morning, a merchant loaded his donkey with bags of salt to go to the market in order to sell them. The merchant and his donkey were walking along together. They had not walked far when they reached a river on the road.
Unfortunately, the donkey slipped and fell into the river and noticed that the bags of salt loaded on his back became lighter.
There was nothing the merchant could do, except return home where he loaded his donkey with more bags of salt. As they reached the slippery riverbank, now deliberately, the donkey fell into the river and wasted all the bags of salt on its back again.
The merchant quickly discovered the donkey’s trick. He then returned home again but re-loaded his donkey with bags of sponges.
The foolish, tricky donkey again set on its way. On reaching the river he again fell into the water. But instead of the load becoming lighter, it became heavier.
The merchant laughed at him and said: “You foolish donkey, your trick had been discovered, you should know that, those who are too clever sometimes over reach themselves.” Culled fromkidsworldfun.com
- I start with ‘P’ and end with ‘E’, but I have thousands of letters. Who am I?
- What is the word that is spelled incorrectly in all dictionaries?
- Everyone in the world needs it. People generously give it. But some never take it. What is it?
- What on earth does the poor have, the rich need it, and if you eat it you'll die?
- What did the rib cage say to the heart?
- The more of them you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
- It lives without a body, hears without ears, speaks without a mouth, and is born in air. What is it?
1.Post Office 2. Incorrectly 3. Advice 4. Nothing 5. I got you covered 6. Footsteps 7. An echo
1.Another name for your voice box is the?
2.The two holes in your nose are called?
3.The flow of blood through your heart and around your body is called?
4.The bones that make up your spine are called what?
5.How many lungs does the human body has?
1, Larynx 2. Nostrils 3. Circulation 4. Vertebrae 5. 2
DID YOU KNOW?
1. Did you know bats are the only mammals capable of continued flight?
2. Did you know nearly all reptiles lay shelled eggs?
3. Did you know scorpions are predatory animals of the class Arachnida, making them cousins to spiders, mites and ticks?
4. Did you know sneezing with your eyes open is impossible?
5. Did you know the collective name for the group of crabs is a cast?
KIDS AND HEALTH
Safe Cyberspace surfing
Learn about llamas, read up on your favourite skateboard star, or study a stegosaurus. You can do all these things online and then email or text-message your best friend about it.
But when you're moving through cyberspace, you need to stay safe. It comes down to just a few simple guidelines:
1. Don't communicate with strangers online and never agree to meet in person.
2. Tell a parent or another adult if a stranger contacts you in a chat room or through email or text messaging.
3. Don't enter contests, join clubs, or share your personal information for any reason, unless your mom or dad says it's OK.
Personal information includes your name, address, age, phone number, birthday, email address, where you go to school, and other facts about you.