Short Story: A glass of milk
As Hari walked home after school one day, he suddenly felt faint with hunger and knew his mother would not have any food ready for him at home.
He grew desperate and went from house to house asking for food. Finally, a girl gave him a tall glass of milk. When he tried to pay her she refused and sent him on his way. Years later, the girl, now a grown woman, fell very sick and could not find anyone who could cure her.
Finally, she went to a large hospital with the city’s greatest doctor. The doctor spent months treating the woman until she was finally cured.
The woman was happy but was also afraid she could not pay the bill. When the hospital handed the bill to her, she opened it to read, ‘Paid in full, with a glass of milk’.
Moral of the story: A good deed never goes unrewarded.
KIDS AND HEALTH
Are You Too Busy?
If you're feeling tired and stressed because you have too much going on, like lots of after-school activities, you might feel better if you drop something, even if it's just for a semester or so. Sometimes lots of activities — even if they're all fun — can make you feel stressed by keeping you busy all the time. On the other hand, if problems at home are bugging you, some (but not too many!) after-school activities may actually help you relax and feel better.
Getting enough sleep and eating healthy food are two great ways to help handle stress.
You also can use relaxation exercises to get rid of stress. The easiest one to do is to inhale (breathe in) slowly and deeply through your nose, and then exhale (breathe out) slowly through your mouth. Do this two to four times, but don't take in too much air too quickly because it can make you feel lightheaded and dizzy.
You can do exercises like this anytime, without anyone noticing. You can even do breathing exercises in class if you're nervous before a test.
Finding a Balance
The best way to keep stress away is to have a balanced life. That means making good decisions about how to spend your time. If you're only dealing with school stuff and have no time to play, you can get stressed. Make sure you keep your SELF in mind: Sleep, Exercise, Leisure (something fun), and Food.
If you take care of yourself and get enough sleep and food, and if you exercise and leave time for fun stuff, you'll probably be less stressed out!
1. What starts with a P, ends with an E and has thousands of letters?
2. What goes around and around the wood, but never goes into the wood?
3. What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
4. What word has five letters but sounds like it only has one?
5. What never asks questions but is often answered?
6. Beth’s mother has three daughters. One is called Laura, the other one is Sarah. What is the name of the third daughter?
1. Post office 2. The bark of a tree 3. Silence. 4. Queue 5. A doorbell. 6. Beth.
Did you know?
1. Did you know that rabbits and parrots can see what is behind them without turning their heads?
2. Hands and feet have more than half of the bones in the human body.
3. The number four – is the only number that has the same number of alphabets/ letters.
4. Did you know; the lighter was invented long back before the matchbox and matchsticks are invented?
5. Did you know Kangaroos cannot walk backwards?
1. What state is ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo from?
2. Who improved the modern day incandescent light?
3. Who was the first Prime Minister of Nigeria?
4. How many side do triangle have?
5. Where did the Olympic Games originate?
1. Ogun State 2. Thomas Edison
3. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa 4. Three 5. Greece
© 2015 The Abuja Inquirer | Newspaper. Designed by G E Springfield